Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Dark Knight Rises Sir Micheal Caine On Saying Goodbye To Alfred Pennyworth

In an interview with Empire Magazine, The actor talked about working with the director Christopher Nolan on the last Batman movie and Micheal Caine had this to say about playing the butler one last time.


What's new with Alfred then, in The Dark Knight Rises?

Its such a plot point that I can't tell you. We've signed agreements for silence. I think I'd go to jail if I told you. Or I'd have to kill you. But we don't want either of those things to happen!

Will you miss playing Alfred?

In a way, but in a way it's right. I mean, I've played him three times. His role in Batman is to be your reality. When you get into the fantasy, suddenly you've got the butler there saying exactly what you're thinking - "you can't do that! You can't go flying up in a bat suit in here! What are you, nuts?!" He is the foot on the ground and that's what was always important to me. And I played it that way. I remember once when Chris told me this would be the last one I said, "if they're doing another one I'm going to play the butler if it's any good and if they offer it to me." He said, "I want ten percent." I said, "No, you're not getting it!". It's that sort of relationship...

You can see the full interview by going to the website at http://www.empireonline.com/interviews/interview.asp?IID=1526 and reading about what Micheal Caine had to say on his last role after playing Alfred Pennyworth in the Batman movies. He says his character is amazing and it was intreasting to see him portrayed in the Batman movies as a butler. He was really smart and intelligent and was awesome at what he did, Stay tuned for more news like this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment